PSEG Company: PSEG Services Corp.
Salary Range: $ 90,800 – $ 149,800
Incentive: PIP 15%
Work Location Category: Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
The primary purpose of this Sr. Tax Accountant (Compliance) position is to prepare the consolidated/combined federal and state income tax returns, using Corptax, for assigned companies. This includes federal and state estimated tax payment calculations and extensions.Note: for this role, the successful candidate will have experience in preparing federal and state corporate income tax returns.
- Preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual tax compliance work papers, including adjustments such as apportionment, intercompany eliminations and other book to tax differences.
- Maintain reconciliations of federal, state and local income tax accounts and preparation of tax journal entries as required.
- Compile necessary information to respond to federal and state audits, working with Sr. Tax Manager to complete the state audits.
- Assist in proactive streamline of process to create efficiency through automation.
- Perform required tax research to assist in resolving tax matters.
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls.
- Strong desire for career growth advancement and in building a strong foundation for business development.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field plus 5 years tax experience in corporate or public accounting environment
- General knowledge of GAAP Accounting Standards as they pertain to Income Taxes (ASC 740)
- Excellent organization and follow up skills that allow for the ability to handle priorities and meet commitments.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Zoom, etc.
- Strong professional presence and credibility
- Certified Public Accountant
- MS in Taxation
- Regulated utility experience is a plus
- Knowledge of PowerPlan Provision is a plus
- Ability to build & maintain relationships
Minimum Years of Experience
5 years of experience
Bachelors in Accounting
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others’ strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through sharepoint.pseg.com by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call 973-430-3845 or email email@example.com. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email firstname.lastname@example.org . Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
ADDITIONAL EEO/AA INFORMATION (Click link below)
Know your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: CPA, Accounting, Recruiting, Compliance, Equity, Finance, Human Resources, Legal