Juniper Networks 128 Technology is an advanced secure networking company on a mission to fix the Internet. The 128T Networking Platform natively provides network-based security, control and insight across data centers, wide-area networks and edge locations for enterprises, service providers, and cloud companies alike. Our software-oriented approach disrupts the traditional networking paradigm, but doesn’t disrupt existing network infrastructures.
We’re looking for smart, collaborative people with a dash of good-natured truculence to join our team. If you are interested in building disruptive technology, challenging yourself every day, and laughing a lot, 128 Technology might be the place for you.
Do you want to solve complex problems and build systems that will change the Internet? Do you want to be part of a company that is on the cutting edge of technology? Do you want to work with a world-class team of engineers? Do you have what it takes?
The engineering team at 128 Technology is looking for a software engineer focusing on developing a highly scalable distributed networked applications. We are looking for extremely motivated engineers who can work collaboratively to help build carrier-grade networking infrastructure.
- Design and develop large-scale, distributed systems and scalable real time, fault tolerant, high throughput message and event driven services
- Develop robust data storage solutions around NoSQL databases
- B.S or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in developing large-scale software/network systems and services software on all platforms
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm and object-oriented design, problem solving, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Extensive working experience with development, debugging and testing multi-threaded applications on distributed systems.
- Thorough understanding of IP networking and socket-based programming
- Excellent C++ developer and debugging skills
- Experience developing software in the fastpath and packet forwarding (IPv4 & IPv6, VPN, VLAN, MPLS Label etc. .) components of a networking device, including flow processing functions such as filtering, QoS, NAT, Firewall etc.
- Knowledge of layer-2 switching and layer-3 routing concepts and protocols (BGP4, BGP4+, OSPFv2, OSPFv3)
- Ability to deliver clean, modular code quickly and efficiently
- Strong background in developing networking software applications on Linux/Unix.
- Familiarity with ZooKeeper and Cassandra
- Working experience with C++11/14
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and able to adapt and thrive in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Sense of humor
Minimum Salary: $139,532.80
The pay range for this position is expected to be between $139,532.80 and $200,578.40/year; however, the base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position also includes medical benefits, 401(k) eligibility, vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Additional details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Juniper’s pay range data is provided in accordance with local state pay transparency regulations. Juniper may post different minimum wage ranges for permanent residency petitions pursuant to US Department of Labor requirements.