Vanir has been exceeding client expectations since 1964. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
Design Manager supports client and leads Vanir team providing pre-construction phase services. Design Manager is senior onsite point of contact responsible for delivery of our services including design review, constructability, value engineering, independent estimating, project controls, master schedule, client meetings, oversight of architect, and issue resolution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages, develops, and coordinates the district’s design process for the A&E Services to ensure that plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental, and legal requirements
- Manages multiple projects, including engineering repair and critical repair, through interaction with Architects, consultants, and District personnel to ensure timely completion of these projects
- Oversees the building design process to ensure compliance with LAUSD’s standards and guidelines for the district by working with design professionals and various District administrators to ensure that new and modernized structures meet both educational and building standards requirements
- Establishes and follows a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms’ qualifications and ability to meet performance standards
- Provides Architects with clear and consistent direction regarding goals and objectives, standards, site, schedule, and budget for each project
- Establishes and follows an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for each project
- Provides maximum value for dollars budgeted and are appropriate and enduring to meet the functional needs of the district, the local community, and the environment
- Reviews design changes to ensure project remains within budget
- Monitors project planning and design status to report findings, recommendations, and updates
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Minimum 8 years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities
- 4 years of this experience must be with the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California State Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
Offered rate of compensation will be based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including education, qualifications, experience, and geographic location. The Salary range for this position is $133,500-$148,500.
Vanir offers a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes 401(k) Savings with employer matching contributions, medical, dental, vision, health savings account (HSA) with employer contributions, life, AD&D and disability benefits, flexible spending account (FSA), voluntary benefits, Teladoc, pet insurance, paid time off, national employee assistance program (EAP) and employee referral program.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in working for Vanir please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: email@example.com
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person’s limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company’s ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person’s limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify
Pursuant to the Ban The Box Act/Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.