Salary: $14.30 Hourly
Location : Soldotna Regional Sports Complex
Job Type: Seasonal
Job Number: 202200038
Department: Parks & Recreation
Opening Date: 05/24/2023
Closing Date: Continuous
The City of Soldotna is recruiting for temporary full-time & part-time Campground Attendant’s for the summer season.
This position is open until filled with a first review on June 1st, 2023. Applications will be reviewed weekly.
The Campground Attendant position, under the general supervision of the Parks and Recreation Director, is responsible for performing regular and recurring tasks related to the operation of the fee use areas, Swiftwater and Centennial Campgrounds, Rotary Park and Soldotna Sports Center. The work may be assigned on a shift basis.
Detailed Work Activities
- Perform regular and recurring tasks related to the operation of the fee use parking and camping and boat launch areas: Swiftwater and Centennial campgrounds and Rotary Park.
- Collect fees for camping spots, boat launching and day use at Centennial and Swiftwater Campgrounds and Rotary Park.
- Interact with the public in relation to specific parking needs at respective locations.
- May perform basic landscaping and seasonal clean up and preparatory duties within park and recreation facilities.
- May be scheduled to assist with special events at Soldotna Sports Center.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, within the Parks and Recreation Department or by the Parks and Recreation Director.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
- Ability to operate cash register, calculator/adding machine and make change for money transactions.
- Ability to interact with public on a recurring basis
Basic computer and cash handling knowledge and experience. Must be able to demonstrate interpersonal communication skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT This job involves exposure to temperatures ranging from 0 degrees to 80 degrees and variable weather conditions such as, but not limited to: snow, wind, rain, direct sunlight.
Must be able to work in an environment where tasks change frequently, where different aptitudes, techniques, technologies, working conditions, procedures, physical demands and degrees of attentiveness without loss of efficiency or composure is required. Duties involve solving problems, making evaluations and reaching conclusions based on subjective or objective criteria.
EXAMPLES OF PHYSICAL PARAMETER WEIGHT(lbs) Lifting
paper boxes, fire wood, trash bags up to 50
handing parking slips out booth window up to 20
handling fire wood bundles
walking up/down boat ramps, around campground up to 50
carrying paper products, trash bags
Fine Motor Skills/Finger Manipulation
Use of cash register, calculator and other equipment NA
reading license vehicle license plate in dark conditions NA
reading parking slips from distance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of Soldotna is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is based on qualifications free of personal and political considerations, with equal opportunity for all with no discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law.