Position is available to employees of the Associated C.O.L.T. Staff of the University of Maine at Augusta from May 26 through June 2, 2023 and to external applicants thereafter.
The University of Maine at Augusta is seeking applicants for the position of Administrative Specialist Career Level 3 (CL3) in the College of Arts and Sciences. This is a full-time, regular position, 40 hours per week, 5 days per week.
- Manage and prepare the department budgets for and within the College, and ensure they are fiscally compliant
- Investigate any issues with the department budgets for and within the College
- Purchase and maintain supplies for staff and faculty using Mainestreet Marketplace and other methods as appropriate
- Purchase supplies for College of Arts and Sciences courses
- Research potential expenditures and provide data and recommendations to the appropriate parties
- Coordinate student workers within the College (helping faculty with the hiring process and approving timecards)
- Plan and coordinate complex projects and events including related budgeting
- Assist faculty and college staff with Concur
- Research, sort, and summarize a variety of non-routine data for a broad range of applications and assignments, making decisions regarding the validity and quality of available data, preparing standard and nonstandard summaries of relevant information
- Receive, provide, and process financial transactions for a broad range of accounts and sources, ensuring appropriate processing of routine and non-routine transactions, identifying balancing errors and providing appropriate fixes. Ensuring appropriate documentation is provided in accordance with applicable accounting procedures, grant requirements, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Arts and Sciences
The Administrative Specialist CL3 performs administrative and clerical work which requires extensive procedural knowledge and organizational skills. Work involves considerable internal and external contacts as well as handling verbal and written communications for a broad range of questions. The ability to work as part of a team is essential, as are providing exemplary customer service, maintaining confidentiality, the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize, and the ability to work in a diverse environment with many interruptions. The Administrative Specialist CL3 works under minimal supervision, reporting to the Dean of Arts and Sciences.
A full position description can be found online .
Work schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
Wage: $19.02 per hour (Wage Band 23) or the appropriate transfer rate for a current UMS employee.
Benefits: The University provides a highly competitive benefits package that includes: holidays, vacation, and sick time; health, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; short and long-term disability insurance; a tuition waiver program for employees and their eligible dependents; a 403(b) retirement plan with a university contribution, and more. View our Benefits Information Summary to learn more.
About the University :
UMA transforms the lives of students of every age and background across the State of Maine and beyond through access to high-quality distance and on-site education, excellence in student support, civic engagement, and professional and liberal arts programs.
UMA is the third-largest public university in Maine. In addition to its main campus in the state’s capital, UMA also serves students at its campus in Bangor (UMA Bangor) and through UMA Centers around the state. With its multiple locations and long-term expertise in online and distance learning, UMA is generally considered the University of Choice for Mainers of all ages who want to attend college without uprooting their lives.
- Sixty credits or more of higher education or equivalent work experience and training; and three years of administrative support experience or comparable experience
- Ability to communicate effectively using oral, written, and electronic methods, while maintaining confidentiality
- Proficiency with computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as Gmail and other software and various websites
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks in an autonomous work environment, as well as work effectively as part of a team, and be able to achieve and document measurable results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative
- Ability to prioritize and manage work
- Ability to work in a diverse environment with interruptions
- Experience with Mainestreet (PeopleSoft) and Concur systems
- Previous accounting or budgetary administrative experience
- Experience working with diverse audiences; knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and understanding of equal opportunity, affirmative action, and civil rights policies
Applicants must complete an online application and submit a cover letter and resume at https://uma.hiretouch.com/ . Materials must be submitted via “Apply for Position.” You will need to create an applicant profile, complete an application, upload a cover letter that fully describes your qualifications and experiences with specific reference to the required and preferred qualifications , a resume/curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references.
Review of applications will begin July 10. Materials received after July 7, 2023, will be considered at the discretion of the university . We are not able to consider applicants who require Visa sponsorship support.
The successful applicant is subject to appropriate background screening .
In complying with the letter and spirit of applicable laws and pursuing its own goals of diversity, the University of Maine at Augusta does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, familial status, ancestry, age, disability physical or mental, genetic information, or veterans or military status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Director of Equal Opportunity, 5748 Boudreau Hall, Room 101, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207-581-1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).
Fiscal Year (12 Months)
Contact Information for Professional References, Cover Letter, Resume/CV